Thursday, September 07, 2006

greatlittleoilpaintings



"Orange Boat" (oil, 11x14" on birch panel)
A couple weeks ago I was out at Kensington Metropark, near Detroit, when I spied this great, old orange boat. It was early in the morning and the park was relatively deserted, so I was able to paint it before the owner showed up and floated his boat away.

I've worked on the Line at Ford Motor Company's Wixom Assembly Plant for nearly 29 years. Our plant is due to be shut down for good soon, and I'm looking forward to being able to paint full-time. My house is about to burst at the seams with paintings -- from very large surreal and still life pieces to studio paintings of classic cars, to boxes and boxes of these smaller "plein air" (painted in the open air) pieces. I've gone out painting nearly every Saturday morning for several years. So I've got all kinds of paintings, done in all the seasons, that I will be putting up for sale (probably on eBay) in the near future. I'm still struggling with figuring out the computer mechanics of it all.

Thanks for looking! -- Margie Guyot