Thursday, April 03, 2008

"Daisies" -- oil on canvas -- 48x36" -- Margie Guyot
This is the second of two "white" paintings requested by a friend. What did I enjoy most about painting this? I really loved painting the reflections in the teacups most of all. My second favorite thing? The green depression glass plates in the back. The thing that I found hardest was painting the tablecloth, with its wrinkled stripes. In reality, it's pink. I changed it to pale green stripes for the heck of it. The clear glass in the center foreground, with the stripes showing through in the back and the design of the glass, was a little challenging.

Near the end of this, I changed a few things. I added another "wing" (in the foreground) of the purple and green paper trim around the potted daisies. It seemed to need it. And I added a folded napkin to the left front and part of a spoon on the left -- to kind of guide the viewer's eyes up into the painting. I'm still debating on putting some kind of booze into the little cordials (upper left). Maybe a light golden sherry would echo the golden tones of the tea. I'll have to think about this for a few days.

Did the little cupcakes go to waste? Never!

Labels: , , , ,