Tuesday, March 03, 2009

"Daffodils" -- 12x9" -- oil on stretched canvas -- Margie Guyot

Besides finding possums stealing sunflower seeds under the bird feeder, another sure sign of spring here in Michigan is seeing daffodils in the grocery store. Too early for showing up in the gardens. We've got knee-deep snow here at the moment. I'd gone to the grocery store today, hoping to find a potted purple tulip, but no dice.

I'm having lots of fun, painting very simple still lifes, just set up on my work table, letting the patterns of lights and shadows form a lot of the interest.

Daffodils are just the devil to paint, though!

It's been quite cold lately so I've been wimping out, painting in my studio. It could be worse: I could be cleaning house. A tough day painting daffodils is better than housework any day!

Labels: , ,