Friday, March 13, 2009

"Peebles Rd. - North of Toad Lake Rd." -- plein air field study -- oil on birch panel -- 8x10" -- Margie Guyot

This was the second painting I did yesterday afternoon. It was about half a mile south of the first painting. 13 degrees out. I had to wear 2 pairs of gloves. After finishing this one, I had to drive a couple blocks down to find a spot to turn around. Then I saw the Toad Lake Road sign. Brought back memories of last spring. It was the first time I'd driven home from Ellsworth and wasn't quite sure which road to take. I got onto Toad Lake Road. What a mistake that was! It's a dirt road that turns into a swamp! Goes for miles, twisting around in the farmlands. I've got 4WD, but there were times I thought I'd be stuck in the sea of mud. There was a lake back there and I'm sure it had plenty of toads.

Labels: ,