Sunday, January 20, 2008


"Waiting for Spring" -- oil on canvas -- 8x10" -- Margie Guyot
I trudged through 12" of snow to get out to my studio this afternoon. The Charlevoix area has had nonstop snow for the past several days, with howling winds. Now that I no longer have to get up at 3:45 AM and drive rush hour traffic on the freeway to get to work in the noisy, stinky factory, I love this weather!

Will I ever get unpacked? Will I ever find a place for everything? Good question. I found this little glazed pottery frog vase in a box. I certainly don't remember buying it, but I must have. Actually, this is my second attempt at painting this. I made a stab at it on Friday but ended up wiping it out. Last night I bundled up and went out into the blizzard to Possum Hollow, the name of my new studio, and sat on the massage chair, sipping a shot of Southern Comfort and listening to "Prairie Home Companion" on NPR. It's a 2-hour show and I'm never one for sitting and relaxing for long. Soon I was up, starting in on another attempt on the frog. For something so small, it was rather challenging.

Although I'm enjoying this winter, I'm looking forward to spring when I can put a little bouquet of wild violets into this frog vase.

Labels: