Sunday, August 09, 2009

"Blue Umbrella" -- plein air field study -- 0il on canvas panel 9x12" -- Margie Guyot

It was raining cats & dogs! And it was the morning of the Tvedten Fine Art Galley's annual Paint-Out. What to paint that wouldn't look so dreary? In desperation I threw down my blue umbrella onto the sidewalk in front of my porch. Loved the blues! I have a bunch of red geraniums (some 5 years old) that looked great with it.

Stood underneath the porch overhang to paint this. Was able to run 2 loads of laundry at the same time. Nothing like multi-tasking! And it was convenient to be able to run out to the studio to get my tube of cobalt blue. I normally don't carry that color around with me. There are some colors that just can't be mixed. Some of the reds & blues -- you just need to have the tube.

Labels: , ,